VACATION RENTAL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES.
1) CHECK-IN: Check in time is listed on the front of your lease. Sorry, no exceptions.
2) LATE ARRIVALS: If your arrival will be after 5:00 P.M. on Saturday, you must notify us in advance and have paid your Final Payment in order for alternative arrangements to be made for picking up your key.
ABSOLUTELY NO KEYS WILL BE PROVIDED AFTER HOURS WITHOUT PRIOR ARRANGEMENTS.
3) CHECK-OUT: Check out time is listed on the front of your lease. Sorry, no exceptions. Keys must be returned to our office. If checking out early, please drop the keys through our mail slot on our front door at our office. If keys are lost or misplaced, tenants are responsible for cost of duplicate key or for having the home re-keyed.
4) PAYMENT PROCEDURES: A 50% DEPOSIT must be received in our office within 10 days of booking or the reservation will be cancelled. FINAL PAYMENT is due 60 days prior to arrival. Reservations made within 30 days of arrival require payment in full by bank check or money order. All payments must be in U.S. Funds. In addition to the rent, a non-refundable processing fee of $45.00 is payable at the time of the initial deposit and a non-refundable Damage Deposit Waiver of $40.00 is paid, in lieu of a Security Deposit, with the balance of rent. (A few homes still have a Security Deposit that must be paid). There will be a $30.00 fee for all returned checks.
5) CHANGES/ CANCELLATIONS/ REFUNDS: Any cancellation made to a vacation plan after receipt of the initial deposit are subject to the cancellation clause listed in the lease you signed. Refunds in the event of cancellation by the tenant, for any reason, shall be issued less the cancellation fee, processing fee and Damage Deposit Waiver fee only upon the complete re-rental of the property by the Landlord or Broker, that is, only if the property is subsequently rented for the same dates for at least the same rate. In the event the property is not re-rented, no refunds shall be issued and the Tenant agrees to hold the Landlord and Broker harmless. No refunds will be given in the event of Cancellations due to unforeseeable events such as, but not limited to, Illness, Loss of Job, Power Outages or Hurricanes, etc….
6) ACCOMODATIONS: All properties are privately owned and reflect the tastes and standards of each individual property owner. The Vacation Rental Website is intended to provide you with basic information regarding the property. We suggest you view the property before renting. Our agents try their best to represent the properties completely and honestly, but misinterpretations can sometimes mean disappointment for you. If you have not personally inspected the property prior to signing the lease, you agree to accept the property as-is upon arrival, and that you will not be entitled to any refund of rental moneys and that you will have no claim or recourse against Duarte/Downey Real Estate Agency, Inc. or the property owner.
7) REPAIRS: Our agents work very hard to make sure your stay is happy and comfortable. However, there are things that are out of our control. Please understand that the Owner or Broker shall not be liable for events beyond their control which may interfere with Guests’ stay. Owner or Broker cannot guarantee against failure of structural, electrical, mechanical components or appliances, but Owner or Broker will make every reasonable effort to have repairs done quickly and efficiently. No refunds or rent reductions will be made due to failure of component or appliances. Tenant needs to notify us immediately for any repairs that need to be done. Unwarranted service calls will be charged to the tenant.
8) CLEANING: Each property is cleaned before arrival. While we endeavor to make everyone happy, differing impressions of cleanliness can create problems: in such cases the Rental Office standards shall prevail. You are responsible for cleaning during your stay and for leaving the property clean at check out. You will receive a Departure Checklist upon arrival as follows:
1) Dishes, pots, pans, silverware, and utensils are washed (Do not leave in
2) Stove/Oven left clean.
3) Refrigerator clean and free of food.
4) Microwave is clean (no food particles).
5) Coffee Maker Clean.
6) Spot clean bathrooms, removing excess sand and hair from tubs/sinks.
7) Strip beds and remember to take your linens and towels. (If owner
provides linens, please follow provision on lease).
8) Check beds for sand and make beds with blankets and covers.
9) Kitchen floor swept.
10) All floors vacuumed.
11) Collect papers, magazines & garbage; bag and place in correct barrels.
12) Check over house thoroughly for any personal items left.
13) If you move any furniture, please return it to its original positions.
14) Shut all windows, and lock them.
15) Turn off all lights, check oven and burners: unplug small appliances.
16) Lock all doors.
17) RETURN KEY TO REAL ESTATE OFFICE BY 10:00 A.M. OR
CHECK OUT TIME ON LEASE.
9) OCCUPANY LIMIT: The local Board of Health sets an occupancy limit for
each property. Occupancy (including small children, infants and visitors) is not to exceed the limit cited on the Lease and must be observed at all times. If more than the maximum number is found to be occupying the leased property, the lease may be immediately terminated without refund, and the Renter agrees to vacate the property immediately upon demand of the Broker or Owner.
10) PETS: No pets are permitted in homes or on rented properties unless
otherwise stated in the provisions section of the lease stating the number of
pets and what kind of pet(s). If a pet is discovered on the rented property, the
Lease may be immediately terminated without refund, and the Renter agrees to
vacate the property immediately upon demand of the Broker or Owner. Kennels
are available locally.
**It is the responsibility of the tenant to notify Duarte/Downey Real Estate
Agency, Inc, of any pet Allergies the tenant, and all people associated with
the tenancy of the rental property, may have whether the house is pet
friendly or not.
11) LINENS: Unless specified in the lease, Tenant is required to supply their own linens; sheets, pillowcases, Towels, washcloths, dishtowels, beach blankets and
beach towels, etc.. Each property does provide pillows and at least one blanket per bed.
12) BEACHES: All public beaches are owned and operated by the Town of Truro.
The Landlord and/or the Broker have no control over, nor any responsibility for
the unavailability or condition of any public or private beach. Public Beach parking stickers are not included in your rental fee and can be purchased from the Town of Truro Beach Sticker Office. Directions to the Beach Sticker Office will be in your check in packet upon arrival at the office.